Awhile back I posted a picture on our other site a picture the pulled pork sandwich that I made. I’ve had some request of the recipe. Really it’s a complicated recipe to make. For the barbecue sauce Bob likes to make his own sauce. Whatever he feels like putting. To be honest almost always it turned out pretty good. Their’s just some ingredients that it’s not good for him.
You can make your own barbecue sauce or you can buy imported brand, like KC masterpiece, Jack Daniels Hickory BBQ Sauce, Weber BBQ Sauce, Cattleman’s Kansas BBQ Sauce and many more.
Pulled Pork Recipe: (Using the ingredients that’s available here in the Philippines)
***I just bought a good size 3 kilos of pork shoulder (called Kasim in the Philippine market, kasim is really good for roasting). Preferably for us the dark meat.***
### I did try to cook pulled pork on the crock pot/slow cooker and it’s good too. ###
- 2 to 3 kilos pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoon sea salt/kosher/iodized salt
- 2-3 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard (try also the French’s Yellow Mustard or McCormick Mustard brand)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Hamburger bun
Procedures: (You can buy bbq sauce at the grocery store, available imported or local brand)
- Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl. Rub all the ingredients to the meat. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for an hour or better overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Put the meat in a roasting pan when you are ready to cook the meat. Roast the meat for 6-7 hours. Really you roast the meat until it’s falling apart.
- When the meat is done, take it out of the oven and transfer the meat to a large platter. Let the meat rest for 10 minutes or so.
- While the meat is still warm, pull the meat apart. Using 2 forks to shred.
- Put the shredded meat in a bowl and pour any of your favorite barbecue sauce. You can buy now at any grocery store here in the Philippines. It can be imported brand or the local brand. Stir it all up well so that the pork is well coated with the sauce.
- To serve, spoon the pulled meat mixture onto the bottom half of each bun, and you can top it with cheese and onions rings. Enjoy!!!