My family really likes eating biscuits. As you know living here in the Philippines we don’t have those Pillsbury frozen products on our supermarkets here like what the supermarket in the West have. If they have here it’s just so limited. So to keep up with some food that my family are kind of used to when we lived in the States. With the net nowadays I can cook anything even with the ingredients in the Philippines sometimes are limited, still I can cook it. Lol
Drop Biscuits Recipe:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (if you want sweeter put more sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt/kosher salt/iodized salt
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (the grated one that sold in the store is good too)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup whole milk (I used slim milk here in the Philippines and it’s good too)
- Preheat oven to 400°C
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cheese. Whisk to combine well. Add the melted butter and milk and stir to combine.
- Prepare cookie sheets, grease or brush with butter.
- Drop biscuits using the spoon to make a rounded form and place in a oiled cookie sheets and place it in the oven for 12 or so minutes, until biscuits are golden brown. Enjoy
Many uses of biscuits: (For us anyway)
- Chicken or beef stew
- Ham & cheese sandwich
- Chicken biscuit pot pie
- Sausage egg biscuit casserole
- Strawberry shortcake biscuits
- Many uses for desserts
Feel free to drop me a note if you tried the recipe. Have fun cooking!